Red Dead: Redemption has moseyed - or more accurately, leapt - into the UK all-format chart, knocking 2010 FIFA World Cup off the top of the charts.

The game lassoed the top spot with 65% of its sales on the Xbox 360 and the remaining 35% on PS3. Stock delays have been speculated to be responsible for the difference.

The Western adventure kicked former champion 2010 FIFA World Cup into second, while Just Dance climbed to third and Wii Fit Plus secured fourth, up from ninth. Newcomer Split/Second: Velocity nabbed fifth position, with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 clinging on to sixth. Lost Planet 2 slid from third to seventh and Alan Wake fell from second to eihgth. The last two spots were new entries: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands came ninth, while ModNation Racers pushed Modern Warfare 2 out of the top ten to grab tenth.

A whopping 65 per cent of the pie went to Xbox 360, leaving the remaining 35 per cent on PS3. Were stock delays to blame?
| More
News story attached to:
Register as a member to subscribe comments.
  • 0
    Province May 24, 10
    Due to the massive lack of PS3 copies was alarming, seriously alarming. I went into Gamestop and my friend informed me the Pre-orders were sold on the second day if they weren't collected, and even those 15 copies dried up in a hour or so. Then 6 of those 15 showed up demanding refunds and explainations while the other 9 have yet to show up and I around on the store for an hour chatting to my mate and at least (rough estimate) 6 kids + parent/older guardian came up looking for RDR.


This news story is archived and is closed to comments now.