Colin McRae Rally Review | AndroidShock 22 hours ago
I've seen several guitar hero bots in my time, but this is a first.
This Bot actually reads the notes on the screen and then plays their respective fret button and strums.
We've seen a lot of Guitar Hero bots in our time, but we're pretty certain that Mechanized Rock's take on shredding automatons is something special. The system -- dubbed DeepNote -- actually watches the on-screen action with "eyes" that it uses to analyze notes, which the bot then plays in real-time. Using photodiodes aimed at the screen, the components pick up changes in light within eight nanoseconds, then convert that information to brazen, parent-shocking, full-throttle rock n' roll. As you well know, pictures say a thousand words (and video is prone to run-on sentences), so watch DeepNote in action in the clip after the break.
News story attached to:
- Guitar Hero [iPhone, iPad, PS2]
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith [Mac, PC, PS2, PS3, Wii, XBOX360]
- Guitar Hero II [XBOX360, PS2]
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock [PC, PS3, XBOX360, Wii, PS2]
- Guitar Hero: Metallica [XBOX360, Wii, PS2, PS3]
- Guitar Hero: On Tour [DS]
- Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s [PS2]
- Guitar Hero: World Tour [XBOX360, Wii, PS2, PC, DS, PS3]